Friday, December 12, 2008

Hey Look! I Found My Blog Again

November 4th? I haven't written here since November 4th? Wow. Not a whole lot has happened I guess...oh! Except that we've decided to move back to North Carolina, so I have to find a place to live and a new job, and start worrying about packing up, loading a truck, and driving to old yet unfamiliar territory! And I thought my life wasn't exciting.

So yeah, we've got a lot on our plates. In the mean time I've been playing a lot of World of Warcraft since the new expansion, Wrath of the Lich King, came out. My wife plays a lot too, but she's also involved in a Christmas ballet that takes up the majority of her time. I don't actually see her until after 10 PM at night when she gets home and she's dead tired.

Work is piling up at the office as I scramble to get everything done before I leave. My last day is on the 9th of January, but as I've mentioned, I don't have anything lined up in NC yet. I've discussed briefly with my manager about continuing to do work for my company after I leave, whether that's on a conulting basis or maybe part time from a home office type thing. He's checking with the human resources department on that. My fingers are crossed. Not only would it be beneficial as we move, but I always wanted to work from home. I'm not sure anyone would believe me, but I really feel like I would get more work done. It would at least be a lot more fun.

I mentioned in the last post about reading books by Terry Goodkind. The Sword of Truth series is really good. I don't know what it is, but the story draws me in. I read a book by another author after reading Wizard's First Rule, and it just couldn't compare. It was by a well respected author too, one who I had enjoyed when I was younger, but it was flat, boring, and the characters never seemed like they were in much trouble, or had a reason for their actions. I'm about down with the second book, Stone of Tears, and I've got the third book, Blood of the Fold in my bag, ready to start as soon as I close the cover on the other one. I'm excited.

I've been looking over past blog posts and really got the itch to write today. That's why I posted this at least. It's an online open journal that few if any people read. I'm thinking of posting a story on Elionene's Journal so that I can get both the creative fiction, and the self journaling writing cramps out. Wonder if anyone in NC wants to hire a blogger?

No comments: