Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back in Boston

After a long trip and a horrible plane ride home, I made it back to the loving arms of my wife, and the slobbering mouth of my dog, both of whom were overjoyed to have me back again. I'm glad to be back too.

Of course, when I decide to come home is when my Powerbook decides to conk out me. Due to what I believe is a malfunctioning fan on the graphics card, the computer will easily over heat when running graphics intensive programs...like World of Warcraft, which I tend to play a lot. I took my Mac to the store at the Mall and they informed me it could be fixed andI had it shipped off. The good news is that it's under the Apple care plan, so it's free for the fix. The bad news is that I've been without a computer of my own for five days now. I'm still waiting for the call that I can come pick it up.

It's not really all that bad. I recently started playing my Nintendo Wii again which was cool since I had forgotten how much fun it could be. I rented Mario Kart and I finally progressed past the forest Temple in Zelda. My wife and I have also been catching up on Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes that we stopped watching once we started playing WoW together...which I think was the first week of April. We even watched a movie! So it's good to do something else besides the game in the evenings. I'm hoping we don't immediately go back into it when I get my computer back. Some variety is nice.

No comments: